Friday, November 23, 2012

   Today I want to discuss a topic near and dear to my heart. I am speaking specifically about "dream killers".
   I often put them in the same box as bullies.Now in the case of someone being bullied we always like to look at the victim as a volunteer. Someone refusing to stand boldly and demand respect and not allow this abuse to continue. Now in the case of a dream killer you may or may not know these individuals are doing the same only on a much more sophisticated form. Teaching you  to sabotage yourself.  Kill your dreams...what offense could be worse? I'm not sure but I know the crime should be punishable.  Ater all isn't killing a crime. Granted a dream is intangible but just as important -is it not. Can it be proven in a court law? I'm not sure but I am willing to try.

    I am reminded of times I would whisper sing in the shower , however  this wasn't always true. I was the biggest voice on the choir in my church and one of the best if not the best-if I don't say so myself. What changed ? What happened? Like most of us that come into contact with a dream killer, I gave up my power . I was a volunteer, I allowed someone else's opinion of my voice to over power my own. I allowed someone else to decide for me what my destiny should look like. I even began to believe the lies they told and told them to others about myself. I would even describe myself as "just" a writer and write brilliant songs for people without a smidget of my vocal ability. Yes, I committed the ultimate sin- not being true to myself. What a horrible story, I know. However here comes the good part , don't you use love that word however. I am  no longer living in the matrix. I have detached from all voices that are not my own and most importantly my Heavenly Father's.

  I have started describing myself as a performer and a writer - God says in his word I can do ALL things through Christ that strengthens me . That is exactly what I intend to do.

  I pray this piece has in someway shown you, you and helped you to think about making the adjustments needed to live a life of abundance and freedom.

God Bless You
Thank you for reading

Very Best Life Begin,
Shawna Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment