Friday, January 20, 2012

Inspiration

Most anything can be inspirational. I'm always amazed to hear Fashion Designer's when asked, "What inspired this year's collection?" Replying something like, "While on vacation in Cambodia a tree on an isolated plain reminded me of my childhood in Louisiana and fostered my imagination to expand in a way I thought didn't exist for adults..." Every single time I'm taken aback by what can inspire such beauty, such rage or despair. What inspires you?
I remember as a child I was inspired to be beautiful, a wealthy princess, powerful, God like as graceful as a ballerina and as gentle as a flowers petal in the spring time . I would walk through the house as if I were walking down the isle, floating on a cloud, with a rope or towel on my head, anything to give me the appearance of long flowing locks. I would twirl in my long night gown and pretend I was catered to and adored., the bell of the ball. Curtsy as I entered and exited the room for appeal and smile at all I would meet. Allowing possible suitors to kiss my hand and quickly shy away as a lady might. Some of my favorite films included fictions, Disney movies mostly; where I could share center stage with the main character, belt out my favorite notes in song and share in the happy endings. I loved the Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, The Little Mermaid,even though I now know The Little Mermaids ending isn't as happy as one might think. She was aspiring to be something she was not in the hopes of obtaining a husband and loosing complete ties with her family, but that's for another time. I loved The Color Purple, as the long painful power struggle turned into a it was all worth it, you are beautiful even if nobody else thinks so antidote like ending.
These movies inspired my already vivid imagination, inspired me to expand, grow, explore, flex my creative muscles and believe in the seemly impossible.
The world is filled with marvel and bountiful splendor. We are apart of it all and are also included in this splendor. Each and everyone of us has a different amazing story to share, with inspirations from the depths of our souls to the most light hearted moments of  triumphs we celebrate. Share your story. How did you get to where you are? I heard someone say. Life is played forward but only understood backward. Meaning you can look back and say, "OK, now I see why that happened." Taking one road will always evade another but you most only choose one.
Thank goodness you have the power to not only imagine the way your life may turn out if one path were taken but also create the life you'd like to have, not in the future, but right now.
Speak to people you don't usually speak to, introduce yourself. Watch programming that doesn't necessarily appeal to your natural sensibilities. This way you can contribute to most any conversation if and when the moment arises. Prepare yourself to succeed and allow your imagination to inspire and  to be your guide.
Thank You For Reading,
Very Best Life Begin.
Shawna Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment